Thursday, February 26, 2009

YIAD Card Class, Shoebox Swap Style

I had this post sitting & never got around to posting it, so sorry!

Last week I held my annual Year in a Day (YIAD) card class, but this year I changed it up a bit (thanx Kir), I offered it as a shoebox swap. I used to attend these a lot with my sideline. The way these work is everyone brings a card plus all the paper cut up & ready for all to make. Then you just have fun & make away. It was a GREAT nite spent with some wonderful ladies I am happy to call friends, doing something I love! I was happy they all took on the challenge of coming up with their own card. I hope it helped them feel that they can do this. They all did a great job.

Here are the cards;

This was one of my cards. I came across this great tutorial on YouTube & new I just had to make it. It looks difficult doesn't it? Well it was a BREEZE. I used Stampin' Up!'s exclusive Pennant Bigz XL Die with the Big Shot to cut the Raspberry Tart DSP. I then glued them together on the rose red cs making a "pocket". I also wrapped the Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon around the pennants. Then I stamped the flowers in cameo coral & old olive classic ink using the it's a loop thing stamp set (level 3 hostess bundle), glued the whisper white onto old olive. Next I stamped "thanks so much" using so many scallops (retired) in rose red punched it out using the new scallop circle & glued it to the scallop that was punched along with the die. It needed a little something in the middle so I added the new circle designer brads. I used stampin' dimensionals to add it to the card.

Here I made a birthday card using the same items. This layout is so versatile I'm using it for our Christmas cards this year. Want to learn how to make it? Contact me & we'll set something up.


This was Anja's sympathy card (her first card class), I tried to make the
shadow effect but it didn't come out quite how I wanted it to, OH well guess I have to keep practicing.

This was Rita's card, I chose to make it a child birthday card instead of a thank you. I also have to color in the dog with the stampin' pastels, this was my last card of the night & I was too tired to color.

Here we have Michelle's child birthday card which I just LOVED so fun to make :-)

Kirsten did the female birthday & I absolutely LOVE this one, I think it's my favorite. So pretty & easy to make. LOVING the new eyelet border punch. Gonna be my next purchase.


Toni searched High & Low to find the perfect baby card, well it was a HIT.

Another first timer, Lisa, was in charge on Anniversary. She decided to make it more masculine so we could give it to our hubby's. LOVED that idea, there's even a ticket inside "good for one kiss", how stinkin' cute!

Amanda found me on the demo locator & boy am I sure glad she did! She fits right in with our group & she sure is talented!


Here is the last card, I made it. I again used the Big Shot with our exclusive textured dies, background 1. Some retired dsp, birthday stamp & ribbon complete this male birthday card. I also used the 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" sq punches.


I hope you enjoyed looking at all the cards we made & if you & your friends would like to do this, well you can. I'm just an email away!
Until next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin