Monday, December 15, 2008

My Projects for the Ccraft Fair

I realized I didn't share with you all that I made for the craft fair. I wish I could say it was a HUGE success for me but it was just an OK one. What matters is I had fun making these projects & I got out & socialized :-)

Porcelain Ornaments
I bought these at Micheal's and they sold like hot cakes :-)

Supplies:
Stazon Ink
Fine Point Sharpie Markers
Krylon Clear Glaze

For the hand print ornaments I used craft ink & then embossed with clear embossing powder. For some reason the girl ornaments came off after I sprayed them but was successful with the boys. I had to re-do them using the purple stazon ink which i didn't LOVE, but oh well.


Photo Hangers
I'm was a little sad that these didn't sell but not THAT sad b/c I REALLY liked them. Now I get to hang the middle one up somewhere in my house :-)
All the supplies used to make these are retired except the ink, ribbon & twill tape

Supplies:
Chipboard Frames
DSP & Simply Scrappin' kit of your choice
Rub-Ons
Stampin' Dimensionals
Classic & Craft Inks
Sponge Daubers
Sanding Blocks
Modge Podge

On Board Trinkets Ornaments

In addition to making cute ornaments you could use them as a tag on a gift.
These can be found in the Holiday Mini on page 14
Supplies:
Glue Stick
Silver, Gold & Copper Cord (retired)
Glue Dots
1/16" Hole Punch
Striped & Taffeta Ribbons

Altered Wooden Frames

I was very pleased with how these turned out & came home with 2 :-)
I purchased the frames at Michael's

Supplies & Tips
I sanded down the frames first then figured out which paper to use.
Then painted the frames using acrylic paint set aside to dry. You could choose a color that will coordinate with your paper. I used white paint & our re-inkers so that I would have a fairly coordinating color. You have to play around to get the color you want.
After the frames were dry I cut out the middle with my exacto knife.
Apply a thin layer of modge podge to your frame & place your paper on top, smooth out to get rid of any air bubbles.
To give it a finished look I then trimmed off any paper hanging off the edges & sanded them down.
Now you can decorate
Frames 1& 2 I used the new felt flurries (holiday mini pg18) & silver brads. I applied those with a dot of modge podge
Frame 3 I used the pretties kit (ib&c pg185)
Frame 4 I used our new taffeta ribbon (ib&c pg187)
Frames 5 & 6 I used flower fusion (ib&c pg182) & Rhinestone brads (ib&c pg185)
I also edged these frames with 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. I applied with crystal effects.



Gift Bags

Would you believe I didn't sell ANY of these?!?!?!?
Supplies:
Lg White Gift Bags (Stampin' Up!)
Sm White & Kraft Gift Bags (Michael's)
Dashing DSP (retired)
Summer Picnic DSP (ib&c pg169)
Martha Stewart Paper (brown/pink)
Sticky Strip
Snail Adhesive
Natural Hemp
1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
Tag Time Stamp Set (retired) & Real Red ink were used on the Christmas Bag
Hope you liked these projects. If you would like additional information feel free to contact me.
Until next time
xoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin