Saturday, August 30, 2008

The process of thank you cards

So you get a nice gift for you or MANY for a child. The right thing to do is send a thank you. Now to come up with a layout, that's MY hardest part. Well luckily today I was reading my Stampin' Success, a magazine with great samples & ideas that we demo's get every month, and came across this cute page in there
I thought "hey i have a similar picture of Andi that I could use" so I printed out my pictures got all my supplies ready & went to work. I had to make about 20 thank you cards from her birthday party. The first thing I did was make my first one, LOVED IT!!! Now to get to work, First I punched out all the pink pirouette scallop circles & riding hood red 1 3/8" circles. Then I stamped thank you using the seeing spots stamp set added a small button & assembeld those
Next I cut my kiwi kiss & baja breeze card stock & used the scallop punch. I adhered those to my kiwi kissThen I cut my whisper white card stock & stamped her name using kiwi kiss starting with the last letter first so I knew how far in I'd have to go. Then I stamped the flowers in baja breeze then added the picture & adhered that to my main page Finally I added my flower using dimensionals & here you go a BEAUTIFUL thank you card that doubles as a photo, I made these 5x7. Whose not gonna want to put this picture out on display, she's just too cute :-)I hope you enjoyed the process as much as I did making them. I have to tell you that these took me only about 2 hrs to complete from start to finish. I had a GREAT helper :-) So you too can make your thank you's, invites or whatever. You just have to MAKE THE TIME!!!
Until next time happy stampin!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Traci, your blog is fabulous! You are a natural girl! You gotta show me how you got your calendar on there.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin